How to Effectively Communicate Change (Part Two)
The Importance of Transparent Communication
Crafting a Communication StrategyA well-designed communication strategy can make all the difference. Here are steps to develop one:
- Identify Your Audience - Different groups will have distinct concerns. Tailor your messages accordingly.
- Choose the Right Channels - Whether it’s email, intranet posts, or town hall meetings, select the most effective way to reach your audience and engage on multiple platforms.
- Timing is Everything - Schedule your communications to match the pace of change, and be consistent.
- Designate Spokespeople - Establish who will deliver various messages and ensure they are prepared and aligned.
- Feedback Loops - Create mechanisms for people to ask questions and share concerns.
Topics:Change & Transformation
Don't forget to share this post!
General Manager. Since the early 2000s, Trevor has worked with thousands of Talent Management professionals to develop and apply assessment-based talent management solutions for selecting, developing and managing people. Trevor is an active member of the TTI Success Insights (TTISI) Global Advisory Council, contributes to TTISI product development and is a regular presenter at TTISI-R3. He is honoured to have received multiple Blue Diamond Awards and, more recently, the Bill Brooks Impact Award recognising his contributions to the TTISI global network.