Overcoming Resistance and Building Buy-in (Part Three)
Psychological Aspects of Resistance to Change
Strategies to Build Buy-in Among Team Members
- Involve Employees Early - Involving team members in the planning stages can make them feel invested in the change process.
- Address Concerns Openly - Create platforms where employees can voice their concerns and feel heard.
- Showcase Early Wins - Highlighting early successes can build momentum and make the change feel more achievable.
- Empower Champions of Change - Identify and support individuals within the organisation who can act as advocates for the change initiative.
- Provide Training and Resources - Often, resistance occurs due to a lack of knowledge. Offering training can equip team members with the skills they need.
The Role of Leadership in Overcoming Resistance
Don't forget to share this post!
General Manager. Since the early 2000s, Trevor has worked with thousands of Talent Management professionals to develop and apply assessment-based talent management solutions for selecting, developing and managing people. Trevor is an active member of the TTI Success Insights (TTISI) Global Advisory Council, contributes to TTISI product development and is a regular presenter at TTISI-R3. He is honoured to have received multiple Blue Diamond Awards and, more recently, the Bill Brooks Impact Award recognising his contributions to the TTISI global network.