The Power of Unity: A Framework for Alignment
- Function - How a company performs activities, defines roles and operates in general.
- Top Line Growth - The pace of growth is based on top-line revenue.
- Bottom Line Focus - The intended beneficiary of bottom-line, or net income.
- Framework - The level of flexibility within an organisation to support, control or change how work and activities get done.
- Management - The flow and structure of direction, decisions and information.
- Education and Training - The value placed on acquiring knowledge or skills.
- Offerings - The methodology and mindset toward product and/or service development.
Importance Across Different Stages
1. New and Growing Organisations
2. Established and Revisiting Strategy
3. Organisations Facing Hardships
The Questions of Alignment
- How clearly defined are the roles and responsibilities within the organisation?
- How effectively are activities and operations coordinated within the company?
Top Line Growth:
- How would you rate our organisation's growth trajectory based on top-line revenue?
- Are our growth strategies effective in expanding our market share?
Bottom Line Focus:
- How are bottom-line results communicated and shared within the organisation?
- Who do you perceive as the primary beneficiary of our organisation's net income results?
- How flexible is our organisation in adapting to changes in how work is done?
- Does our framework allow for creativity and innovation within our teams?
- How effective is the flow of information and decision-making within our organisation?
- Do you believe our management structure supports the overall objectives of the company?
Education and Training:
- How much value does our organisation place on continuing education and skill development?
- Are our training programs effective in enhancing employee skills and knowledge?
- How would you assess the quality and relevance of our product/service offerings?
- Does our organisation encourage innovative thinking in product or service development?
Don't forget to share this post!
General Manager. Since the early 2000s, Trevor has worked with thousands of Talent Management professionals to develop and apply assessment-based talent management solutions for selecting, developing and managing people. Trevor is an active member of the TTI Success Insights (TTISI) Global Advisory Council, contributes to TTISI product development and is a regular presenter at TTISI-R3. He is honoured to have received multiple Blue Diamond Awards and, more recently, the Bill Brooks Impact Award recognising his contributions to the TTISI global network.